Aug 22, 2012

Homemade Brownie Mix (GF/DF)

If you are like our family, you love serving up a comfort food classic - brownies! There are several great mixes out there for regular brownies as well as gluten free but its cheaper (way cheaper if GF!) to make them homemade. I've tried lots of recipes and dabbled in the kitchen some and this is the easiest, most "normal" gluten free brownie I've made "from scratch" yet!



The best part, is that these can easily be made into a mix and stored in a jar in the cupboard (I've read that these ingredients will keep on the shelf  for up to six months). I don't know about you but I don't think that we'll ever find out if that is true or not around our house! I am planning to prepare a month's worth at a time at the beginning of each month so I have an easy dessert to serve company or my own family when needed.


1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup sorghum flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/4 cup GF/DF chocolate chips (optional)

Measure all ingredients into a clean 16 oz. jar. Secure the lid tightly. Label the jar with the recipe, instructions, and date that the mix was made.


1 Recipe Homemade Brownie Mix
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1/2 cup oil

In a mixing bowl, combine the homemade brownie mix, eggs, vanilla, and oil until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined and the batter is glossy (mixing for about two minutes). Place the batter in an oiled 8" square or 9" round baking dish (see this post for oiling a pan). Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 25 minutes.

 
 
 
Now don't those look yummy? Go on and whip up a mix today - tomorrow you'll be so glad you did!

♥Shari
 
This post linked up at:



http://www.yourthrivingfamily.com/Beautiful Thursdays
The Chicken Chick

1 comment:

  1. Sharing with all my GF friends! Thanks for linking up with the Clever Chicks!!


    Cheers,
    Kathy
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!