Aug 24, 2012

Feminine Friday: She Is Trustworthy

Proverbs 31:11 (KJV)
 
Last week I shared that there are eleven virtues of the Proverbs 31 woman that I aspire to in my own life. You can check out my list here. I'm sure you can pick out more than eleven but these are the main points that stand out to me. This week I'd like to dive in a little deeper to discuss what the first virtue "she is trustworthy" means.


"The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her." Her husband trusts her. He trusts that she will properly manage all that they have. According to the Strong's Concordance this means that he has confidence in her ability to manage what they have and he doesn't feel as if he is obligated to go out to seek "booty or plunder" which means ill-gotten gain.

Most of our husbands aren't going to raid the nearby village to make sure our cupboards are full if we fail to properly manage our food supply or to pay off debt we've racked up. However, the idea is still there that they are put under undue stress when we don't properly manage our homes and what we have. Here are a few ways we can be trustworthy to our husbands in managing our homes:

  1. Use up food before it spoils.
  2. Keep lists of the stock in the pantry and freezer so we don't buy things we already have.
  3. Keep up with the laundry so extra clothing aren't "needed."
  4. If you are in charge of the finances, pay bills on time and keep track of your spending so you don't have to pay unnecessary fees.
  5. If at all possible, don't use credit. It just leads to interest payments and a feeling of having more money than you really do.
  6. Consider practical ways to reduce waste/spending. (Examples: grow some of your own veggies, replace paper napkins with cute cloth napkins made from scrap fabric, use bones to make stock, and/or thrift shop for clothing instead of buying brand new.) 

Trust is an important element in any relationship. How much more so in the marriage union! I know that I can do more to secure my trustworthiness in my husband's heart. I cringe at past failures. Thankfully, our Savior is full of grace and I can bring my failures to His throne and lay them at His feet. Taking steps to manage what you have is the best way to cultivate trust from your husband. A menu plan helps prevent those forgotten potatoes in the corner. A grocery list helps curb unnecessary purchases at the store. A humble heart toward a budget encourages seeking thrifty deals.

This Proverbs 31 trustworthy wife creates a mutually beneficial bond in her marriage. She is protected by her respect for her husband's guidance and provision. By being the trustworthy wife, she promotes a sense of safety and confidence that her husband has in her whether he is away from home or there with her. It is incredible to see God's amazing design for marriage!

♥Shari
 
This post is linked up at:
http://www.yourthrivingfamily.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!