Nov 30, 2012

Feminine Friday: From My Closet [2]

 
This Sunday I'll be sending my hubby off to Arkansas to begin his new job and we're going to miss him SO much! Can't wait until we get to join him in our new town! I'll be pulling ideas from Seven Tips For When Dad Is Working Overtime to make the weeks at a time during the month of December that we won't be with him go smoother. I know I'll get good use out of my own advice to stick to our normal routines and getting the kids more involved in what we're doing each day (like cooking and clean-up). I'm thankful for modern technology like the ability to text message so I can still "talk" to Casey throughout the day and we'll all talk to him each night. And, I'll keep reminding myself that it's only one month!


This photo was taken early on in the fall on a cool and rainy Saturday afternoon. I was heading off to do my weekly grocery shopping. What I like about this outfit is that it came together in a very casual but practical way. I matched the boots, belt, and purse to give it a more smooth look. For a feminine touch I wore dangle pearl earrings. The boots and long skirt were weather appropriate. The white shirt and lavender cardigan added a splash of color and kept the outfit from appearing to wintry.

What I Wore:
 
Cardigan ~ $0.49 from the Salvation Army
Shirt ~ Gordmans (I love keeping a plain white shirt on hand for layering!)
Skirt ~ Thrifted (it's actually about a size or two too large for me but I love the length so I always wear a belt with it!)
Boots ~ on sale from Kohl's (also pictured here
 
Have a fabulous weekend!
 
 
♥Shari
 
 
Linked up here:
The Modest Mom: Modest Monday Link Up
The Better Mom: Better Mom Mondays Link-up
Time-Warp Wife: Titus 2sday
Raising Homemakers: Homemaking Link-Up


1 comment:

  1. You look super cute as usual! I really need to get myself a skirt or 2 like that!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!