Oct 17, 2011

No Menu

Happy Monday everyone! This weekend was busy and there were extra activities out of the normal.
Sooo...I got distracted from my normal routine of making a menu and shopping list. So I went to the store without a plan. Big mistake? Well, I still stuck to my budget since I use cash. That was fairly easy. Will we have to eat cereal or sandwiches for dinner? No. I have a pretty good idea of the kind of food I need to buy to make enough meals to feed my family for a week. Also, I have a good idea of what sort of food I have on hand in my pantry and freezer. Chalk that up to having only a small pantry and freezer because I'm certainly not your super organized "homemaker of the year" type who keeps an inventoried list. I try though.

I do prefer my creative juices to flow before I go shopping so I can add meals that I really want to cook instead of coming up with creative ways to make due with what items I have and the somewhat random items I picked up at the store when lacking a plan. This is one of the main reasons I love making a menu.

Later this week I look forward to sharing with you some of the food or recipes I come up with.

And, since its Monday, we should all have a good chuckle:

I bought this where I work because it made me laugh! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! I'd love to hear from you!